- 14 oz dark chocolate, chopped (or chocolate chips) – I used Trader Joe’s Pound Plus 72% bar. I suggest a 60-72% cacao dark chocolate
- 1 (14 oz) can coconut milk (full fat or light is fine)
- Melt the chopped chocolate or chips in the microwave at 50% power, stirring at 1-minute intervals until it’s mostly melted, then switch to 30-second intervals.
- Add the coconut milk and melted chocolate to a blender and blend for about 30 seconds, scraping down the sides partway through if needed.
- Pour the mixture into small bowls or cups and refrigerate, covered, for at least an hour. When fully chilled, the truffle cups will be very firm, so you may want to take them out of the fridge about 30 minutes before serving to make them more spoonable.
- Serve with whipped cream and berries as a garnish, if desired!
Since the chocolate is so rich, a small serving works! I usually divide it into 6 dishes, but I think you could get away with 8.
This recipe is from Cooking With Trader Joe’s – I think it used to be a blog, but this is all I could find to link to!